Tragedy or Farce?

Monday, October 18, 2010

Flaws

Christianity is all-in-all a pretty good religion, and I believe in most of the stuff the Catechism of the Catholic Church tells me to believe in, but there's one thing I don't like about Christianity: The concept that we're supposed to convert people to it.
I mean, what kind of jerk says to a Muslim boy (solely because he's Muslim): "Your religion is wrong. If you believe in it, you're going to Hell. But if you believe in what I think you should believe in, you'll be saved." I'll tell you what kind of jerk would say that: A Christian.
Jews, Muslims, and Hindus don't really like Christians because Christians are always trying to convert you, whereas they don't give a damn what religion you are. 
Feel free to leave any comments, but please no religious debates. 

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are an amazing person. I completely agree. In fact, I've been preached to by a christian before. I'm a christian! Apparently I didn't believe the "right" way.

October 18, 2010 at 8:26 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

I totally agree. I respect all religions, but the "saving people" thing gets on my nerves. I was raised to be a Christian, but decided a few years ago I'd rather be atheist/agnostic/my own bizarre beliefs.

October 24, 2010 at 6:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -Voltaire.

Well, I'm Christian and I don't agree with you- Christianity isn't just a personal belief, it's a system. It's like telling someone, "If you use binary to solve your algebra homework, you're not going to get a good grade." It's not what one person decided was right, and it's not a mindset- It's a set relationship and it's there whether you believe in it or not.

I don't think you have to be a jerk about it, but you shouldn't hide your religion behind some curtain in your back closet, either.

October 31, 2010 at 6:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

EXACTLY!!! It doesn't matter what religion you are, no one has the right to try to make you change.

Sorry for just now finding this post, Kid-kun. I was bored.

February 3, 2011 at 6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home